Monday 9 November 2020

Famous Last Words: Hip Hop Class

 I have been making music since high school and was super excited to take a class on Hip Hop this semester. However it didn't fit exactly into my schedule like I would want it to. I have to recite a poem in class tomorrow and it seems like the most challenging thing ever. However, I have done enough research on rhyme schemes, I still do not feel as confident. We also have to freestyle rap battle at the end of the semester for a couple of minutes and I am not looking forward to it. To take my mind off the topic, I started listening to older hip hop songs and it honestly made me feel better. Listening to certain songs after years, is like meeting and old friend. I remember trying to memorize this song when I first heard it. It's funny how good music just stays in your memory amid all the chaos. You should definitely check out more music from Kendrick and his early era to get a flashback.

Here are some lines from Kendrick's Poetic Justice :

"Every time I write these words they become a taboo
Making sure my punctuation curve, every letter here's true
Living my life in the margin and that metaphor was proof
I'm talking poetic justice, poetic justice"

This is one of my favourite songs and I'm so glad that I added it to my playlist again

Album cover for good kid, m.A.A.d city












After listening to this album, Kendrick became one of my all time favourite hip hop artists!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home