Monday 31 August 2020

Favorite storybooks

 1. The first book that I have chosen is the "Celestial Weapons of Old" because I am deeply interested in the mythology behind certain weapons. These include the Brahmastra, the Trishula and the Sudarshana Chakra. I am also interested in learning about the 'vajra' - the weapon of the hindu lord of thunder. My grandma narrated stories to me from the Mahabharata and Ramayana. The wide range of celestial weapons always baffled me

2. The second book that I have chosen is Indra: The Thunder God. Indra, who rules the heavens enjoys immortal life and has several interesting stories that coincide with the Mahabharata. Particularly his encounter with Karna in the Mahabharata was of much significance.

3. The last and most exciting one for me is Karna and Arjuna: A Tale of Two Warriors . The relationship between these supreme archers has been complex throughout the Mahabharata. Karna's story is of huge sacrifice and injustice, however it reminds us to side with Dharma. I personally believe that Karna was a superior archer and warrior. However, Arjuna had an edge each time Lord Krishna was on his side. 


Pictured above is Indra's vahana ( ride )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home